Walking and Working Surfaces class students will be able to conduct a hazard assessment of working
surfaces. Special emphasis is targeted on the extreme dangers when working near and around floor and wall openings, stairways, platforms,
ladders and scaffolds, and all elevated work. Attention is placed on good housekeeping and the elements of Personal Fall Protection System (PFAS) are discussed with introduction of the components of Full Body Harness, Positioning Lanyards and Anchor Points for fall protection.
The employer must ensure that each operator is evaluated to confirm that he/she understands the information provided in the training.
- OSHA Walking – Working Surfaces Regulation (29 CFR 1910.21-30, Subpart D)
- Key terminology and concepts
- The consequences of poor housekeeping
- The difference between standard rail guards and handrails
- Hazards of wall and floor holes
- Specifications for safe design and construction of fixed general industry stairs
- Minimum requirements for dockboards
- Proper care and use of portable ladders
- General scaffolding requirements
Online Bayou Supply and Safety website, Scheduled On-site Class, Program Package purchase.
Bayou Supply and Safety training conforms to OSHA CBT Training standards and ANSI Z490.1-2009. Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training. Bayou Supply and Safety follows all ANSI training criteria’s.
Bayou Supply and Safety Copyright© 2016 All rights Reserved